Big timeline revision?

Start-up issues and world-building for this OC/Firefly 'Verse creative sandbox project

Big timeline revision?

Postby Whitney » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:43 am

Hey folks! I need permissions for something. While working on the logistics of the "Lucky Day" scenario, I realized that if the Jin Dui loots hot black market items like missiles, Cooper is likely to want to fly straight back to Beylix from Greenleaf (after picking up Tilly). Their best bet at selling hot market item like that is via Uncle Sully, and she'll want them off the ship ASAP. Now -- I had previously salted in a number of ports of call between Greenleaf and Beylix (Silverhold & Beaumonde -- functional June 6 through June 27) on the Working Timeline. If I reorganize the timeline to eliminates those ports-of-call, will that impact any story ideas anyone is thinking of?

I would move the return to Beylix up to June 18 -- this would immediately impacting "Collecting Strays" and the date of Rebecca's arrival onboard. I would then take that extra month or so of time and spread it out among the various arrival/departure times in the Rim run outline, effectively increasing the amount of time spent at those locations. Would this be okay with everyone? (If I don't hear any objections within a week or so, I'll just make the timeline changes!)
Captain Cooper
(aka Whitney)
Whitney

Re: Big timeline revision?

Postby jncunningham » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:21 am

No problem for me/Hoss. I like the idea of plans having to change.
jncunningham

Postby lothien » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm fine with it.
"Sully" R. Sullivan
(Viki)
lothien

Postby Bill » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:22 pm

I'm not terribly concerned about the way the timeline unfolds. What little bit that I have written/contributed is essentially time-line independent.
Bill Williams / Eddie Lerner
(aka Jonathan)
Bill

Postby Ron » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:50 pm

I hadn't planned anything that this would affect, so it's fine by me.
Marcus Chang
(Ron Swartzendruber)
Ron

Postby Brouwer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Yeah, no major changes for me, either.
[url]ambassador-brouwer.deviantart.com/
[/url]
"God is not hurried along in the Time-stream of this universe any more than an author is hurried along in the imaginary time of his his own novel. He has infinite attention for each of us."
-C.S. Lewis
Brouwer

Return to Jin Dui: Character & World Dev Discussion